Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Mostly the Cathedral

 
We went to the Pilgrim's Mass in the cathedral in Santiago. It was very full...we had to be there an hour early in order to get a seat.
 
We were fortunate enough to see the botafumeiro in action.
 
The botafumeiro was originally used to fumigate the sweaty, stinky, disease-ridden pilgrims.  Some "modern" pilgrims could use some fumigation!!  (bbs)
 
The guys in red are the botafumeiro swingers.
 
A close-up of Dona Leonar in the Cathedral Museum.  This picture is for you, Donna.
 
The complete family of Dona Leonar.
 
The Portico de Gloria.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Barb for all the beautiful pictures and commentary. I hope the shin splints will soon be a memory. Not nice ! I remember when my daughter was Highland Dancing she suffered from the same. I spoke with Susan last night, and I am looking forward to seeing her & her
    pictures soon. Where to next !!??

    ReplyDelete