Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

We Have Arrived!!

I met a BB in this bunk.
 
One of the last albergues..
Santiago Eve.
 
Beverly has rejoined us.  Now we are 6 again.
 
Last breakfast on the road!  Left in the dark.
 
Interesting mobile.
 
Second breakfast.  Tart-like pastry filled with turkey and veggie.  Hard to get protein in the morning. Getting a little tired of croissants....if you can believe it!
 
Maple leaves in Spain in October....memories of Canada.
 
Soaking my swollen, sore ankle in cold water just 11 kms. from the end.
 
Holstein operation.  Big.
 
Wounded pilgrim entering Santiago.  Like all cities, it took ages to get to city center.
 
I was more excited to see this bathroom than the Cathedral.
 
The view of the Cathedral from our albergue "Roots and Boots".
 
Our common room at the albergue.
 
Pat, celebrating with a glass of white wine.  I celebrated with scotch and potato chips because they were out of brandy.
 
So we have finished.  More reflection to follow.  Next stop Finisterre.....the end of the earth.

16 comments:

  1. "Veni, vidi, vici" - "I came, I saw, I conquered." - Julius Caesar. This puts you gals right up there with Big Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW UNBELIEVABLE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL. I CAN NOT IMAGINE HOW YOU MUST FEEL !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW UNBELIEVABLE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL. I CAN NOT IMAGINE HOW YOU MUST FEEL !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you and Smokey sing "I am a wounded Pilgrim, but I will not lose the fight..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy for all you gals! What a journey. You are an inspiration!
    See you soon, Susan L.
    Theresa & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy for all you gals! What a journey. You are an inspiration!
    See you soon, Susan L.
    Theresa & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful accomplishment!!! Bask in it & take care of your aches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you all made it safe and almost sound. You will recover. I hope the next things on your bucket list are not so grueling. can't wait to see you, of course it will prob be next summer and we both may have forgotten everything by then...lol, I am getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! So happy for you and your friends that you completed this personal goal. I am most interested in how this journey has affected you spiritually. I know it was a physical triumph, but was about the spiritual? Was it was you expected, or perhaps there will be a delayed reaction. This has been truly inspirational Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats.to all !! See you soon Susan .

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS! What an epic journey. You must be so proud. Now get those tired feet home so we can fix you! And of course hear all of the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the comments. Your support really helped to keep us going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO HOO I am in awe. Can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Go girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated congratulations. Amazing and looking forward to many months of story-telling and more!! Bravo! Love Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shawna Allen-VanderToorn4 October 2013 at 14:09

    So happy for you! What an accomplisment. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete