Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Santiago Eve

Another day of beautiful scenery and paths.  The rain held off until I had reached the albergue at 4:00. It was another slow day with my bad leg.  Cheryl is really suffering with her foot, and Susan  and Lynne have bad colds.
 
This picture of a "little" apple orchard is  for you, Jennifer.
 
More creative fencing!
 
A great snack.  This picture is for you, Alvaretta.
 
Here is Camino Dog, Peppa, with her packs on.
 
Eucalytus again.  They were brought to Spain to use as pulp etc. as they are fast-growing.
 
Nice shady tunnel.
 
This picture is for you, Emma.  It answers 2 of your burning questions.  She smokes too.
 
Fountain/shrine at Santa Irena.  This picture is for Judy.
 
This picture is for Gail.
 
This picture is for my little JuJu.
 
More obsession with eucalytus.
 
Empty brandy snifter.  Brandy has become my fortification at the end of those damp and painful days.  This picture is for my sister, Janet, who has provided me with some high-end brandy snifters.


And this is Santiago Eve!!  Tomorrow, after about 20  kms and 8 hours, our Camino will be complete.  Exciting!!

2 comments:

  1. Today is THE DAY AND and I am so looking forward to hearing from you tonight.
    You all deserve a looooot of TLC, rest and relaxation and I can't wait to see you Susan. Love, Love and prayers from your #1 Fan..Aunt Annetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she smokes, hooks up, AND wears jeans?! Looks like a triple threat!!

    ReplyDelete